Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Final Week!

It was a busy weekend. We were fortunate enough that when the inspector came to check the gas lines, he took a peek around and gave Ryan a punchlist to make the final inspection go more smoothly. Ryan finished up his list over the weekend and the inspector came yesterday. He gave the plumbers 2 items and our friend Jeff came to help with a small electrical item. Today, we passed the final inspection! This photo shows Matt, the excavator, working on his machine. It broke partway through creating our front driveway. The driveway still needs some attention, but they are allowing us to go ahead and move in.



This is the living room. I'm so glad to get all that rosin paper removed so we can enjoy these floors! I'm still trying to get the hang of cleaning them!



Ryan installed our new range and we were able to test out the electric oven with some cinnamon rolls. Convection is an amazing feature!



The shelving is complete, but I'm unsure of the depth of the shelving in the pantry. It seemed to crowd the space more than I had imagined. I have a couple weeks to decide if we want it changed to 12" rather than 17" depth.



This is the shelving in the boys' closet. It's high so we can add a second lower rack if we choose at a later time.

No comments: