Saturday, March 13, 2010

The start. . .







We saw the first bit of work happen on the land on Thursday. Our excavator got the silt fence put up and cut in a little bit of driveway so the contractors have a place to park. It's raining this weekend, but hopefully things will dry up enough that they can dig out the basement on Monday. The block mason is going out of town Thursday, and wants to have the footers poured before he goes. Then he wants to start with the block when he gets back next Monday. We'll keep you updated.

2 comments:

EvanLe13 said...

It's awesome that you guys are blogging about this. Congrats on your land purchse and your home-building adventure! The land is gorgeous and I'd be way jealous except I love you guys too much. Can't wait to see it person.

McManus said...

I can't wait FOR you to see it in person. We'll break a piece of land off for you if you wanna build next door.